Monday, June 13, 2011
Hello new way to spend my day!
I can't believe that I haven't found out about this before. I didn't know about readers even though I always see it in my Google Docs page every other day. I'm always downloading podcasts to listen when I am traveling and now they can come to me! My favorite site to go to is HowStuffWorks. I'm always trying to figure out how things work and I just get lost in it all of the time. I also use it in my classes as visual representations because the students really get involved. I also like to go to the Food Network feeds because I like to try to cook healthy dinners from time to time to get in shape for my wedding in a year. Plus its nice to have new things to eat from week to week. I have some of my favorite recipes that I like to make, but they aren't the healthiest to eat on a regular basis. I also subscribe to Mike and Mike in the Morning. Its a radio show on the ESPN network that I started to listen to when I was driving 50 miles one way for my student teaching in college. I got hooked on it, but I can't catch the entire show now because I don't have to get up as early anymore. (Thank goodness!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blake...I enjoy Mike & Mike as well. I agree with the ease of the google reader.I found the RSSOwl to be a little over whelming at the start, but I am finding a lot of great info to use in my classroom. I think they both have pros and cons, but both could easily find a place in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteRepresenting for the men!! Interesting that you brought up HowStuffWorks... I use a lot of the animations from their website when teaching about small gas engines. It is really great stuff... Does HSW have an RSS feed??
ReplyDeleteI also subscribed to a few food feeds. I think I will find the HowStuffWorks one, I am a single lady and am confident that I can do most things...if I can be shown how to do it. This would be a great tool for me! I also never realized what Reader was on Google either. I wish I would have known about it sooner.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Foodnetwork, AllRecipes and Epicurious. I don't subscribe to those three but I do subscribe to food blogs, mostly Asian dishes, and a London foodie. I love cooking and eating. Each time I eat I thank my good genes. I eat more than a man sometimes but I have high metabolism. My husband said it'll catch up one day ;) Great, fun and informative post!
ReplyDelete